Tuesday, October 5, 2010

John Maeda

This article reminds me of the phase in my life when I was voraciously reading and getting fascinated by absolutely anything that comes in the market where technology is concerned. And then came a phase where I actually started looking for what works and what doesn't. And about 60% of digital products are a complete failure. There are lot of factors involved in a successful product. I like the fact that John has given examples in this article. I often think that there is a lot of gunk out there, maybe it is a recess of process that we as a designer went through before coming up with something brilliant. But no one can deny the fact that  we are surrounded by extreme complexity and this needs to get sorted before we start building levels of complexity. for eg: designing "How To Use" phamplets with every darn digital product.

No comments:

Post a Comment